Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Paul Gilbert - I Understand Completely (Audio)

Paul Gilbert - I Understand Completely (Audio) Video Clips. Duration : 4.75 Mins.


Paul Gilbert's track from Guitars That Rule The World "I wrote an instrumental song called "I Understand Completely" for this CD. I think I recorded it around 1990, and by this time I was getting fairly tired of typical guitar instrumental stuff. I was in a cynical mood for various reasons, so I came up with "I Understand Completely" as a PARODY of guitar instrumental music. I came up with a melody that I thought was really goofy. I sped up a bunch of the solos so they were impossibly fast. I put in an arty "Revolution No. 9" part. I used a variety of guitar tones to say "Ooh look! I'm a shredder but I can play bluesy too." And of course, nobody got the joke."

No comments:

Post a Comment